Monday, 1 January 2007

Goodbye 2006

We ended 2006 with Evening Prayer, Benediction and singing the Te Deum at the Parish of St. Anna yesterday, giving thanks to the Lord for all the graces and blessings received. It was such a great experience to be with the people, feeling united in thanksgiving. Then, in the community, we had exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and Adoration together. Each one expressed their thanksgiving to the Lord for all the blessings. After the prayer last night, we gathered together at the dinner room for the 'countdown' and wishes for the new year.

For me, 2006 has been a great year of blessings and graces. It began with a journey moving from the small community in Terni, south of Umbria, towards the outskirt of Rome--Torvaianica by the sea, where I began with 19 other FSPs from the world for the course of preparation for Perpetual Profession. The 5 months intense preparation led to the gift of Perpetual Profession, which I made on 15 June. Then, with the grace of returning back to Rome at the end of September and be inserted into the community of Via del Mascherino. I thank the Lord for sending me people in my way, whom reflect His love to me, most of all, the person who accompanied me in my journey during my '2nd novitiate', my family, who so openly accepted my vocation even though I know it was difficult for them to comprehend and understand, yet they attended the celebration of my profession. Last but not least, for the grace of the visits of my 2 brothers at the end of the year.

No comments: