Sunday, 30 March 2008

Gift of Baptism

Today is a silent and yet special day for me. 17 years ago, on this date, I received the gift of baptism at the Church of St. Bernadette, and back then was the Easter Vigil. 17 years seem long, yet, I still feel as if I am at the beginning, learning more about the faith, about Jesus, about God, about the Church.... This reminds me of the teaching of our founder, Blessed James Alberione, the attitude of studiosita--to learn from all. We will never finish our learning, and I agree this is the beauty of being human. Till the day we die, we continue to learn from everything.

Today, I am thankful for all the people who in one way or another, help in the growth of my faith--the sponsors, my friends, my god-mother, my sisters in the congregation, particularly my formators and those who journey with me. They have been the one to help me see and experience the love of God till this day. Without them, I would not have reach where I am today. A very big Thank You.

No comments: