Sunday, 10 December 2006

Patron Saint.... St Josceline

During this past week, I also discover something new about me! Hehe, of course we discover more about ourselves everyday. What I mean is, my name: Jocelyn! Many times when I meet people, especially here in Italy, they will ask me who is my patron saint, who am I named after.... I could never answer that because I don't really know if there is one. We often joke that maybe I could strive to be the first.... hahahaha. Anyway, I came across the following article in a book:

Jocelyn
“The Playful One” (Latin) or “From the Goths” (French) or “The Beautiful One” (Spanish)

Patron Saints: Jocelyn may be a modern English variant of Justine or an American variant of Jacqueline. This provides two dozen Sts. Justin, a dozen Sts. Justina, and a dozen Sts. James. Furthermore, if Jocelyn is a combination of Josephina and Lynn, then we gain another two dozen patrons. Finally, accepting Jocelyn as a name in its own right leads to one St. Joscelin, who is remembered for living a very holy life in ancient Trèves.

Feast Date: August 6 – St. Josceline

Is this a coincident or what.... August 6 is the feast of the Transfiguration of Jesus, and it is my favorite feast day partly because of a beautiful experience I had on Mount Tabor years ago!!!!
So, how do you like that?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love that

Anonymous said...

I am most pleased because am also called Joysline